|تعداد مشاهده مقاله||106,313,712|
|تعداد دریافت فایل اصل مقاله||83,203,718|
Enhancing the Quality and Yield of European Borage (Borago officinalis) by Simultaneous Application of Granulated Compost, Vermicompost and Mycorrhiza
|International Journal of Horticultural Science and Technology|
|مقاله 12، دوره 6، شماره 2، اسفند 2019، صفحه 283-298 اصل مقاله (585.77 K)|
|نوع مقاله: Research paper|
|شناسه دیجیتال (DOI): 10.22059/ijhst.2019.274604.281|
|Zahra Shahbazi1؛ Amin Salehi* 1؛ Saeid Hazrati2؛ Mohsen Movahedi dehnavi1|
|1Department of Agronomy, Yasouj University, Iran|
|2Department of Agronomy, Faculty of Agriculture, Azarbaijan Shahid Madani University, Tabriz, Iran|
|The application of organic fertilizers alone or in combination with bio-fertilizers is important for sustainable agriculture, healthy agricultural production and restoring soil quality. Compost, vermicompost and mycorrhiza amendments could improve soil quality and plant yield. However, little is known about their impact on yield and quality of European borage (Borago officinalis L.). To evaluate the effects of vermicompost, granulated compost, and mycorrhiza on qualitative and quantitative traits of B. officinalis an experiment was carried out based on a randomized complete block design arranged in a factorial experiment with three replications. Organic fertilizers in five levels (0, 5 and 10 t/ha vermicompost and 3 and 6 t/ha granulated compost) and mycorrhiza (Glomus mosseae) in two levels (with and without) were considered. It was shown that the effects of organic fertilizer and mycorrhiza application on nitrogen content were significant in such a way that the maximum nitrogen content was obtained by 10 t/ha vermicompost and mycorrhiza inoculation treatment. The main effects of organic fertilizer and mycorrhiza on phosphorus and potassium contents were also significant. The maximum values were obtained when 10 t/ha vermicompost and mycorrhiza were applied together. Total chlorophyll content, flower-bearing branches, mucilage, and phenol were measured in all three harvests. The results indicated that the interaction effect of harvesting time, organic fertilizer, and mycorrhiza was only significant on chlorophyll content. The maximum chlorophyll content (0.958 mg g-1 freshweight) was detected in the third harvest when 10 t/ha vermicompost and mycorrhiza were applied. Maximum mucilage content (4.23%), phenol content (5.07%) and flower-bearing branches (57.45 g m-2) were obtained by 10 t/ha vermicompost treatment. The results suggested that chemical fertilizers could be replaced by organic fertilizer and mycorrhiza to reduce soil and water contamination in the agroecosystems.|
|Biofertilizers؛ Mucilage؛ nutrients؛ vermicompost؛ yield|
10. Bhardwaj D, Ansari M.W, Sahoo R.K, Tuteja N. 2014. Biofertilizers function as key player in sustainable agriculture by improving soil fertility, plant tolerance and crop productivity. Microbial Cell Factories 13, 66.
11. Ceccarelli N, Curadi M, Martelloni L, Sbrana C, Picciarelli P, Giovannetti M. 2010. Mycorrhizal colonization compacts of phenolic content and antioxidant properties of artichoke leaves and flower heads two years after field transplant. Plant and Soil 355, 311-323.
12. Chapman H.D, Pratt P.F. 1962. Methods of analysis for soils, plants and waters. Soil Science 93(1), 68.
13. Chakraborty P. 2018. Herbal genomics as tools for dissecting new metabolic pathways of unexplored medicinal plants and drug discovery. BiochimieOpen 6, 9-16.
14. Chen J.M, Ellul S, Herdman K, Cairney J.W.G. 2001. Influence of salinity on biomass production by Australian Pisolithus spp. Isolates. Mycorrhiza11, 23-236.
15. Cruz C, Egsgaard H, Trujillo C, Ambus P, Requena N, Martin-Loucao M.A, Jakosben I. 2007. Enzymatic evidence for the key role of arginine in nitrogen translocation by arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi. Plant Physiology 144, 782-792.
16. Einhellig F.A. 1986. Mechanism and modes of action of allelochemicals. In: Putnam, A.R. and Tang, C.S., (Eds.). The Science of Allelopathy. John Wiley and Sons, New York 75 - 99.
17. El hafid R.E, Blade S.F, Hoyano Y. 2002. Seeding date and nitrogen fertilization effects on the performance of borage (Borago officinalis L.). Industial Crops and Products16, 193-199.
18. El-Gendy S.A, Hosni A.M, Omer E.A, Reham M.S. 2001. Variation in herbage yield, essential oil yield and oil composition on sweet basil (Ocimum bacilicum) grown organically in a newly reclaimed land in Egypt. Arab Universities Journal of Agricultural Science 9, 915-933.
19. Elhindi K, Sharaf E.l, Din A, Abdel-Salam E, Elgorban A. 2016. Amelioration of salinity stress in different basil (Ocimum basilicum L.) varieties by vesicular-arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi. Acta Agriculturae Scandinavica, Section B — Soil & Plant Science 66 (7), 583-592.
20. Farhadi R, Balashahri M.S, Tilebeni H.G, Sadeghi M. 2012. Pharmacology of Borage (Borago officinalis L.) medicinal plant. International journal of Agronomy and PlantProduction, 3(2), 73-77.
21. Feng G, Zang F, Lixl S, Tian Y.C, Tang C. 2005. Rengelz improved tolerace of maize plants to salt stress by Arbuscular Mycorrhize is related to higher accumulation of soluble sugars in roots. Mycorrhiza 12, 90-185.
22. Garcia K, Zimmermann S.D. 2014. The role of mycorrhizal associations in plant potassium nutrition. Frontiers in Plant Science 5, 337.
23. Gosling P, Hodge A, Goodlass G, Bending G.D. 2006.Arbuscularmycorrhizafunge and organic farming. Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment 113, 17-35.
24. Griffe P, Metha S, Shankar D. 2003. Organic production of medicinal, aromatic and dye-yield ing Plants: Forward, preface and introductions, FAO 381-387.
25. Harborne J.B.1980. Plant phenolics secondary plant products. In: EA Bell and B.V Charlwood. eds.329 - 402. Springer Verlag, Berlin.
26. Hendawy SF. 2008. Comparative study of organic and mineral fertilizer on Plantago arenaria plant. Journal of Applied Science Research 4 (5), 500 - 506.
27. Hosseinzadeh S.R, Amiri H, Ismaili A. 2015. Effect of vermicompost fertilizer on photosynthetic characteristics of chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) under drought stress. Photosynthetica 54, 87-92.
28. Huerta E, Vidal O, Jarquin A, Geissen V, Gomez R. 2010. Effect of vermicompost on the growth and production of Amashito Pepper, interactions with earthworms and rhizobacteria. Compost Science and Utilization 18, 282-8.
29. Javaid A. 2009. Arbuscular mycorrhizal mediated nutrition in plants. Journal of Plant Nutrition 321(10), 1595-1618.
30. Jeffries P, Gianinazzi S, Perotto S, Barea G.M. 2003. The contribution of arbuscular mycorrhizal fungus in sustainable maintenances of plant health and soil fertility. Biology and Fertility of Soils 37, 1-16.
31. Khalesro S, Ghalavand A, Sefidkon F, Asgharzadeh A. 2012. The effect of biological and organic inputs on quantity and quality of essential oil and some elements content of anise (Pimpinella anisum L.) Iranian Journal of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants 27(4), 551-560.
32. Khaosaad T, Nell N, Novak J. 2006. Arbuscular mycorrhizal alter the concentration of essential oils in oregano. Mycorrhiza16, 443-446.
33. Knapp B.A, Ros M, Insam H. 2010. Do composts affect the soil microbial community? In: Insam H, Franke-Whittle, I., Goberna, M. eds. Microbes at work. Springer, Berlin, pp 271-291.
34. Koocheki A, Amirmoradi S, Shabahang J, Kalantari Khandani S. 2013. Effect of organic fertilizers on quality and quantity characteristics of blond psyllium (Plantago ovate Forssk.) clasping peper weed (Lepidium perfoilatum L.), qodumeh Shirazi (Alyssum homolocarpum L.) and dragon's head (Lalementia Iberica L.). Journal of Agroecology 5(1), 16-26
35. Latifah O, Ahmed O.H, Abdul Majid N.M. 2017. Enhancing nitrogen availability from urea using clinoptilolite zeolite. Geoderma 306, 152–159
36. Ling-Lee M, Chilvers G.A, Ash Ford A.E. 1977. A histochemical study of phenolic materials in mycorrhizae and uninfected roots of Eucalyptus fastigata Deana and Maiden. Phytology 78, 313-28.
37. Liu M, Hu F, Chen X, Huang Q, Jiao J, Zhang B, Li H. 2009. Organic amendments with reduced chemical fertilizer promote soil microbial development and nutrient availability in a subtropical paddy field: the influence of quantity, type and application time of organic amendments. Applied Soil Ecology 42, 166-75.
38. Liu, Q. and Yao, H., 2007. Antioxidant activities of barley seeds extracts. Food Chemistry 102: 732-737.
39. Lujan-Hidalgo M.C, Perez-Gomez L.E, Abud-Archila M, Meza-Gordillo R, Ruiz-Valdiviezo V.M, Dendooven L, Gutierrez-Miceli F.A. 2015. Growth, phenolic content and antioxidant activity in Chincuya (Annona purpurea Moc&Sesse ex Dunal) cultivated with vermicompost and phosphate rock. Compost Science and Utilization 23, 276-283.
40. Luján-Hidalgo M.C, Gómez-Hernández D.E, Villalobos-Maldonado J.J, Abud-Archila M,
41. Montes-Molina J.A, Enciso-Saenz S, Ruiz-Valdiviezo V.M, Gutiérrez-Miceli F.A. 2017. Effects of vermicompost and vermiwash on plant, phenolic content, and anti-oxidant activity of Mexican Pepper leaf (Piper auritum Kunth) cultivated in phosphate rock potting media. Compost Science & Utilization 25(2), 95-101
42. Lynn D.J, Chang M. 1990. Phenolic signals in cohabitation: Implication for Plant Development. Annual Review of Plant Physiology 41, 497-526.
43. Iranian Herbal Pharmacopoeia (IHP). 2002. Tehran: Ministry of Health
44. Mcginnis M, Cookt, A, Bilderbackand T, Lorcheider M. 2003. Organic fertilization for basil tranc plant production. Acta Horticulturae 491, 213-218.
45. Mukerji K.G, Chamola B.P. 2003. Compendium of mycorrhizal research. A.P.H. publisher. New Dehli.
46. Naiji M, Souri M.K. 2015. Growth and yield of summer savory plants under application of organic and biological fertilizers in line with organic production. Iranian Journal of Plant Products 38(3): 93-103. (In Persian)
47. Naiji M, Souri M.K. 2018. Nutritional value and mineral concentrations of sweet basil under organic compared to chemical fertilization. Acta scientiarum Polonorum. Hortorum Cultus 17(2), 167-175.
48. Novozamsky I, Eck R.V, Schouwenburg J.C, Walinga I. 1974. Total nitrogen determination in plant material by means of the indophenol blue method. Netherlands Journal of Agricultural Science 22, 3-5.
49. Olsson P.A, Hammer E.C, Wallander H, Pallon J. 2008. Phosphorus availability influences elemental uptake in the mycorrhizal fungus Glomus intraradices, as revealed by particle-induced X-ray emission analysis. Applied and Environmental Microbiology 74, 4144–4148.
50. Olsson P.A, Hammer E.C, Pallon J, Van Aarle I.M, Wallander H. 2011. Elemental composition in vesicles of an arbuscular mycorrhizal fungus, as revealed by PIXE analysis. Fungal Biology 115, 643-648.
51. Pareek P.K, Bhatnagar P, Singh J, Jain M.C, Sharma M.K. 2016. Nitrogen and vermicompost interaction on soil and leaf nutrient status of kinnow mandarin in vertisols of Jhalawar district. Journal of Plant Nutrition 36 (7), 942-948.
52. Pathma J, Sakthivel N. 2012. Microbial diversity of vermicompost bacteria that exhibit useful agricultural traits and waste management potential. Springer Plus 1, 26.
53. Pouryousef M, Mazaheri D, Chaiechi M.R, Rahimi A, Avakoli A.T. 2012. Effect of different soil fertilizing treatments on some of agro morphological traits and mucilage of Isabgol (Plantago ovate Forsk). Electronic Journal of Crop Production 3(2), 193-213 (In persian).
54. Rahmatzadeh S, Kazemitabar S.K. 2013. Biochemical and antioxidant changes in regenerated periwinkle plantlets due to mycorrhizal colonization during acclimatization. International Journal of Agriculture and crop Sciences 5(14), 1535-1540.
55. Roesty D, Gaur R, Johri B.N. 2006. Plant growth stage, fertilizer management and bio-inoculation of arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi and plant growth promoting rhizobacteria affect the rhizobacterial. Community structure in rain-fed wheat fields. Plant Science 38, 1111-1120.
56. Sadeghi A.A, Bakhsh Kelarestaghi K, Hajmohammadnia Ghalibaf K. 2014. The effects of vermicompost and chemical fertilizers on yield and yield components of marshmallow (Altheae officinalis L.). Agroecology 6(1), 42-50.
57. Sakthivel U, Karthikeyan B. 2015. Effect of AM fungi and Plant Growth-Promoting Rhizobacteria (PGPR) potential bioinoculants on growth and yield of Coleus forskohlii. Plant-Growth-Promoting Rhizobacteria (PGPR) and Medicinal Plants. Springer, Cham.
58. Sanches-blan M.J, Ferrandez T‚ Morales M.A, Morte A, Alarcón J.J. 2004. Variations in water status‚ gas exchange‚ and growth in Rosmarinus officinalis plant infected with Glomus deserticola under drought conditions. Journal of Plant Physiology 161(6), 675-682.
59. Sereme A, Dabire C, Koala M, Somda M, Traore A. 2016. Influence of organic and mineral fertilization on the content of antioxidant activity and phenolic compounds in fruit of the tomato Mongal F1 variety. Journal of Experimental Biology and Agricultural Sciences 4 (5), 414-420.
60. Shah A.N, Rahman M, Oad F.C. 2004. Effect of N P combinations on the seed yield and oil contents of mustard. Asian Journal Plant Science 3(2), 256-257.
61. Shockley F.W, Mcgrav R.L, Garrett H.E. 2004. Growth and nutrient concentration of two native forage legumes inoculated with mycorrhiza in Missouri. Agroforestry Systems 60, 137-142.
62. Singh M. 2011. Effect of vermicompost and chemical fertilizers on growth, yield and quality of coriander (Coriandrum sativum L.) in a semi-arid tropical climate. Journal of Spices and Aromatic Crops 20(1), 30-33.
63. Singh D, Chand M, Anvar M, Patra D. 2003. Effect of organic and inorganic accumulation by Isabgol (Plantago ovate) in soldic soil under greenhouse conditions. Journal of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants 25, 414-9.
64. Sinha R.K, Herat S, Chauhan K, Valani D. 2009. Vermiculture can promote sustainable agriculture and completely replace chemical agriculture: some experimental evidences by studies on potted and farmed cereal and vegetable crops. American-Eurasian Journal of Agricultural and Environmental Science 5(S), 23-41.
65. Souri M.K, Naiji M, Aslani M. 2018. Effect of fe-glycine aminochelate on pod quality and iron concentrations of bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.) under lime soil conditions. Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis 49(2), 215-224.
66. Souri M.K, Naiji M, Kianmehr M.H. 2019. Nitrogen release dynamics of a slow released urea pellet and its effect on growth, yield and nutrient uptake of sweet Basil (Ocimum basilicum L.). Journal of Plant Nutrition 6, 604-614
67. Toor R.K, Savage G.P. 2005. Antioxidant activity in different fractions of tomatoes. Food Research International 38, 487-494.
68. Toussaint J.P, Smith F.A, Smith S.E. 2007. Arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi can induce the production of phytochemicals in sweet basil irrespective of phosphorus nutrition. Mycorrhiza 17(4), 291-297.
69. Yadav R.D, Keshwa G.L, Yadva S.S. 2002. Effect of integrated use of FYM, urea and sulphur on growth and yield of Isabgol (Plantago ovata). Journal of Medicinal and
70. Zaller J.G. 2007. Vermicompost as a substitute for peat in potting media: Effects on germination biomass allocation, yields and fruit quality of three tomato varieties. Scientica Horticulturae 112, 191-199.
تعداد مشاهده مقاله: 422
تعداد دریافت فایل اصل مقاله: 353