|تعداد مشاهده مقاله||111,538,477|
|تعداد دریافت فایل اصل مقاله||86,170,602|
Piriformospora indica Culture Filtrate and Biofertilizer (Nitrokara) Promote Chicory (Cichorium intybus L.) Growth and Morpho-physiological Traits in an Aeroponic System and Soil Culture
|International Journal of Horticultural Science and Technology|
|دوره 7، شماره 4، دی 2020، صفحه 353-363 اصل مقاله (518.84 K)|
|نوع مقاله: Research paper|
|شناسه دیجیتال (DOI): 10.22059/ijhst.2020.292414.324|
|Afsaneh Rashnoo؛ Zahra Movahedi* ؛ Majid Rostami؛ Mehdi Ghabooli|
|Department of Agronomy and Plant Breeding, Faculty of Agriculture, Malayer University, Malayer, Iran|
|In two independent experiments, acclimatized chicory plants were transferred into an aeroponic system and to the soil. Then, the effects of biofertilizer (Nitrokara) and culture filtrate of Piriformospora indica were investigated on some plant characteristics in both aeroponic and soil cultivation system under greenhouse conditions. The plants were foliar sprayed with three different biofertilizer concentrations (1, 2, and 3 g/L) and P. indica culture filtrate (2.5, 5, and 7.5 mL in 100 mL water) following 20, 40 and 60 days after transplanting to the aeroponic and soil culture media. Results showed that the highest vegetative growth (e.g. plant height, root length, number of leaves per plant, root and shoot dry weights) and physiological traits (e.g. relative water content, proline, anthocyanin content, chlorophyll a, and chlorophyll b) were observed with 7.5 mL of P. indica culture filtrate in both aeroponic and soil culture media. Besides, the best results for all studied traits were obtained from 3 g/L of biofertilizer application in the both culture media. In both experiments, better results were obtained from the aeroponic system than the soil culture for P. indica production.|
|Biofertilizer؛ Chicory؛ Medicinal plant؛ Soilless culture|
Ahlawat S, Saxena P, Ali A, Khan S, Abdin M.Z. 2017. Comparative study of withanolide production and the related transcriptional responses of biosynthetic genes in fungi elicited cell suspension culture of Withania somnifera in shake flask and bioreactor. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry 114, 19-28.
2. Baishya D, Deka P, Kalita M.C. 2015. In vitro co-cultivation of Piriformospora indica filtrate for improving biomass productivity in Artemisia annua (L.). Symbiosis 66(1), 37-46.
3. Barak P, Smith J, Krueger A.R, Peterson L.A. 1996. Measurement of short-term nutrient uptake in cranberry by aeroponics. Plant Cell and Environment 19 (2), 237-242.
4. Behl R.K, Narula N, Vasudeva M, Sato A, Shinano T, Osaki M. 2006. Harnessing wheat genotype × Azotobacter strain interactions for sustainable wheat production in semi-arid tropics. Tropics 15(1), 123-133.
5. Belimov A.A, Kojemiakov P.A, Chuvarliyeva C.V. 1995. Interaction between barley and mixed cultures of nitrogen fixing and phosphate solubilizing bacteria. Plant and Soil 17, 29–37.
6. Chandra S, Khan S, Avula B, Lata H, Yang M.H, Elsohly M.A, Khan I.A. 2014. Assessment of total phenolic and flavonoid content, antioxidant properties and yield of aeroponically and conventionally grown leafy vegetables and fruit crops: A comparative study. Evidence-based complementary and alternative medicine 1-9.
7. Cho Y.D, Kang S.G, Kim Y.D, Shin G.H, Kim K.T. 1996. Effects of culture systems on growth and yield of cherry tomatoes in hydroponics. RDA Journal of Agricultural Science 38, 563-567
8. Christie C.B, Nichols M.A. 2004. Aeroponics a production system and research tool. Acta Horticulturae 648, 185-190.
9. Duke J.A. 1983. Medicinal Plants of the Bible: Out of print Trado-Medic Books. Buffalo, NY.
10. EL-Zeiny O.A.H. 2007. Effect of biofertilizers and root exudates of two weed as a source of natural growth regulators on growth and productivity of bean plants (Phaseolus vulgaris L.). Journal of Agricultural and Biological Science 3, 440-446.
11. Fascella G, Zizzo G.V. 2007. Preliminary results of aeroponic cultivation of Anthurium andreanum for cut flower production. Acta Horticulturae 747, 233-240.
12. Ghabooli M, Khatabi B, Ahmadi FS, Sepehri M, Mirzaei M, Amirkhani A, Salekdeh G.H. 2013. Proteomics study reveals the molecular mechanisms underlying water stress tolerance induced by Piriformospora indica in barley. Journal of proteomics 94, 289-301.
13. Ghaffari M.R, Ghabooli M, Khatabi B, Hajirezaei M.R, Schweizer P, Salekdeh G.H. 2016. Metabolic and transcriptional response of central metabolism affected by root endophytic fungus Piriformospora indica under salinity in barley. Plant molecular biology 90(6), 699-717.
14. Goel A.K, Laura R.D.S, Pathak G, Anuradha G, Goel A. 1999. Use of bio-fertilizers: potential, constraints and future strategies review. International Journal of Tropical Agriculture 17, 1–18.
15. He J, Lee S.K. 1998. Growth and photosynthetic responses of three aeroponically grown lettuce cultivars (Lactuca sativa L.) to different rootzone temperatures and growth irradiances under tropical aerial conditions. Journal of Plant Physiology 152, 387-391.
362 Int. J. Hort. Sci. Technol; Vol. 7, No. 4; December 2020
16. Hedge J.E, Hofreiter B.T. 1962. Carbohydrate Chemistry 17 (Whistler R L and Be Miller, J N, Eds.). Academic Press.New York.
17. Hegde D.M, Dwived B.S, Sudhakara S.N. 1999. Biofertilizers forcereal production in India -Areview. Indian journal of agricultural science 69, 73–83
18. Kumar V, Rajauria G, Sahai V, Bisaria V.S. 2012. Culture filtrate of root endophytic fungus Piriformospora indica promotes the growth and lignan production of Linum album hairy root cultures. Process Biochemistry 47(6), 901-907.
19. Lee Y.C, Johnson J.M, Chien C.T, Sun C, Cai, D, Lou B. 2011. Growth promotion of Chinese cabbage and Arabidopsis by Piriformospora indica is not stimulated by mycelium-synthesized auxin. Molecular plant-microbe interactions 24,421–431.
20. Mirza M, Younus M, Hoyano Y, Currie R. 1998. Greenhouse production of Echinacea and other medicinal plants. Paper presented at Opportunities and Profits II: Special Crops into the 21stCentury. Nov 1-3, 1998, Edmonton, AB, Canada.
21. Molitor H.D, Fischer M, Popadopoulos A.P. 1999. Effect of several parameters on the growth of chrysanthemum stock plants in aeroponics. Acta Horticulturae 481, 179-187.
22. Pagilarulo C.L, Hayden A.L, Giacomelli G.A. 2005. Potential for greenhouse aeroponic cultivation of Urtica dioica. Acta Horticulturae 659:61–69.
23. Pham H.G, Singh A, Malla R, Kumari R, Prasad R, Sachdev M, Rexer K.H, Kost G, Luis P, Kaldorf M, Buscot F. 2004. Interaction of Piriformospora indica with diverse micro organisms and plants. In: Varma A, Abbott LK, Werner D, Hampp R (eds) Plant surface microbiology. Springer- Verlag, Germany, pp. 237–265.
24. Prasad R, Kamal S, Sharma P.K, Oelmueller R, Varma A. 2013. Root endophyte Piriformospora indica DSM 11827 alters plants morphology, enhances biomass and antioxidant activity of medicinal plant Bacopamonniera. Journal of basic microbiology 53, 1016–1024.
25. Saghir Khan M, Zaidi A, Wani P.A. 2007. Role of phosphate solubilizing micro organisms in sustainable agriculture - A review. Agronomy for Sustainable Development 27, 29–43.
26. Schafer P, Pfiffi S, Voll L.M, Zajic D, Chandler P.M, Waller F, Scholz U, Pons-Kuhnemann J, Sonnewald S, Sonnewald U, Kogel K.H. 2009.
Manipulation of plant innate immunity and gibberellin as factor of compatibility in the mutualistic association of barley roots with Piriformospora indica. The Plant Journal 59,461–474.
27. Sherameti I, Venus Y, Drzewiecki C, Tripathi S, Dan V.M, Nitz I, Varma A, Grundler F.M, Oelmüller R. 2008. PYK10, a β-glucosidase located in the endoplasmatic reticulum, is crucial for the beneficial interaction between Arabidopsis thaliana and the endophytic fungus Piriformospora indica. The Plant Journal 54, 428–439.
28. Stein E, Molitor A, Kogel K.H, Waller F. 2008. Systemic resistance in Arabidopsis conferred by the mycorrhizal fungus Piriformospora indica requires jasmonic acid signaling and the cytoplasmic function of NPR1. Plant and Cell Physiology 49, 1747–1751.
29. Sun C, Johnson J.M, Cai D.G, Sherameti I, Oelmuller R, Lou B.G. 2010. Piriformospora indica confers drought tolerance in Chinese cabbage leaves by stimulating antioxidant enzymes, the expression of drought-related genes and the plastid-localized CAS protein. Journal of Plant Physiology 16712, 1009–1017.
30. Tabatabaei S.J. 2008. Effects of cultivation systems on the growth, and essential oil content and composition of valerian. Journal of herbs, spices & medicinal plants 14,1-2, 54-67.
31. Taiz L, Zeiger E. 2006. Plant Physiology. 4th Edition, Sinauer Associates Inc. Publishers, Massachusetts.
32. Tsimilli-Michael M, Strasser R.J. 2013. Biophysical phenomics: evaluation of the impact of mycorrhization with Piriformospora indica. In Piriformospora indica Springer Berlin Heidelbergpp. 173-190.
33. Vadassery J, Ritter C, Venus Y, Camehl I, Varma A, Shahollari B. 2008. The role of auxins and cytokinins in the mutualistic interaction between Arabidopsis and Piriformospora indica. Molecular Plant-Microbe Interactions 21,1371–1383.
34. Varma A, BakshiM, Lou B, Hartmann A, Oelmüller R. 2012. Piriformosproa indica:a novel plant growth promoting endophytic fungus. Agricultural Research 1,117–131.
35. Vavilov N. 1951. The origin, variation, immunity and breeding of cultivated plants. Chron Bot. 13, 1–366.
36. Velayutham P, Ranjithakumari B.D, Baskaran P. 2006. An efficient in vitro plant regeneration
Piriformospora indica Culture Filtrate and Biofertilizer … 363
system for Cichorium intybus L., an important medicinal plant. Journal of Agricultural Technology 2, 287-298.
37. Verma S, Varma A, Rexer K.H, Hassel A, Kost G, Sarabhoy A, Bisen P, Bütenhorn B, Franken P. 1998. Piriformospora indica, gen. etsp. nov., a root colonizing fungus. Mycologia 90,896–903.
38. Vessey J.K. 2003. Plant growth promoting rhizobacteria as biofertilizers. Plant and Soil 255, 571–586.
39. Weathers P.J, Zobel R.W. 1992. Aeroponics for
the culture of organisms, tissues, and cells. Biotechnology advances 10,93-115.
40. Zaied K.A, Abd El-Hady A.H, Sharief A.E, Ashour E.H, Nassef M.A. 2007. Effect of horizontal DNA transfer in Azospirillum and Azotobacter strains on biological and biochemical traits of non-legume plants. Journal of Applied Sciences Research 3(1), 73-86.
41. Zhongfu N.I, Eun-Deok K, Jeffrey Chen Z. 2009. Chlorophyll and starch assays. Chen Lab (The University of Texas at Austin).
تعداد مشاهده مقاله: 773
تعداد دریافت فایل اصل مقاله: 321