|تعداد مشاهده مقاله||106,221,530|
|تعداد دریافت فایل اصل مقاله||83,124,724|
Influence of aging temperature on phase transformation and mechanical behavior of NiTi thin films deposited by magnetron sputtering technique
|Journal of Ultrafine Grained and Nanostructured Materials|
|دوره 53، شماره 1، شهریور 2020، صفحه 15-22 اصل مقاله (1.07 M)|
|نوع مقاله: Research Paper|
|شناسه دیجیتال (DOI): 10.22059/jufgnsm.2020.01.03|
|Hamed Daneshvar1؛ Mir Saman Safavi1؛ Vida Khalili2؛ Jafar Khalil-Allafi* 1|
|1Research Center for Advanced Materials, Faculty of Materials Engineering, Sahand University of Technology, Tabriz, Iran|
|2Department of Materials Science and Engineering, University of Bonab, Bonab, Iran.|
|In this study, NiTi thin films were deposited on the glass and NaCl substrates by means of magnetron sputtering method. The influence of aging temperature, over the range 300-500 oC, on phase transformation and mechanical properties of the sputtered NiTi thin films were studied by differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) and nano-indentation assay, respectively. The DSC curves showed that the aged specimens at 350, 400, and 500°C underwent two steps transformation during cooling process while a three steps transformation has been observed for the film aged at 450°C. This behavior clearly demonstrated the heterogeneity in chemical composition and microstructure of the sputtered thin film, which consequently resulted in the martensitic transformation of R and remained B2 to B19' within two steps. According to nano-indentation analysis results, a peak point at aging temperature of 450°C is reached. The temperature hysteresis of all aged films was about 1°C, which can be considered as a positive sign for sensor application.|
|NiTi thin film؛ Magnetron sputtering؛ Aging temperature؛ Mechanical behavior؛ Phase transformation؛ sensor|
1. Kumar A, Singh D, Kaur D. Variation in phase transformation paths of NiTi films as a function of film thickness. Sensors and Actuators A: Physical. 2012;178:57-63.
2. Chan PM, Chung CY, Ng KC. NiTi shape memory alloy thin film sensor micro-array for detection of infrared radiation. Journal of Alloys and Compounds. 2008;449(1-2):148-51.
3. Safavi MS, Azarniya A, Farshbaf Ahmadipour M, Reddy MV. New-emerging approach for fabrication of near net shape aluminum matrix composites/nanocomposites: Ultrasonic additive manufacturing. Journal of Ultrafine Grained and Nanostructured Materials. 2019 Dec 1;52(2):188-96.
4. Tillmann W, Momeni S. In-situ annealing of NiTi thin films at different temperatures. Sensors and Actuators A: Physical. 2015;221:9-14.
5. Hou H, Hamilton RF, Horn MW, Jin Y. NiTi thin films prepared by biased target ion beam deposition co-sputtering from elemental Ni and Ti targets. Thin Solid Films. 2014;570:1-6.
6. Tillmann W, Momeni S. Tribological performance of near equiatomic and Ti-rich NiTi shape memory alloy thin films. Acta Materialia. 2015;92:189-96.
7. Fernandes FMB, Martins R, Teresa Nogueira M, Silva RJC, Nunes Pc, Costa D, et al. Structural characterisation of NiTi thin film shape memory alloys. Sensors and Actuators A: Physical. 2002;99(1-2):55-8.
8. Morone A. Pulsed laser deposition of the NiTiCu thin film alloy. Applied Surface Science. 2007;253(19):8242-4.
9. Yang LM, Tieu AK, Dunne DP, Huang SW, Li HJ, Wexler D, et al. Cavitation erosion resistance of NiTi thin films produced by Filtered Arc Deposition. Wear. 2009;267(1-4):233-43.
10. Hasannaeimi V, Shahrabi T, Sanjabi S. Fabrication of NiTi layer via co-electrodeposition of nickel and titanium. Surface and Coatings Technology. 2012;210:10-4.
11. Jayachandran S, Mani Prabu SS, Manikandan M, Muralidharan M, Harivishanth M, Akash K, et al. Exploring the functional capabilities of NiTi shape memory alloy thin films deposited using electron beam evaporation technique. Vacuum. 2019;168:108826.
12. Sharma SK, Mohan S. Influence of annealing on structural, morphological, compositional and surface properties of magnetron sputtered nickel–titanium thin films. Applied Surface Science. 2013;282:492-8.
13. Satoh G, Birnbaum A, Yao YL. Annealing Effect on the Shape Memory Properties of Amorphous NiTi Thin Films. Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering. 2010;132(5).
14. Tillmann W, Momeni S. Comparison of NiTi thin films sputtered from separate elemental targets and Ti-rich alloy targets. Journal of Materials Processing Technology. 2015;220:184-90.
15. Pugina EV, Kornich GV. Temperature dependence of the sputtering yield of surface metal clusters. Russian Physics Journal. 2007;50(7):653-9.
16. Rumpf H, Winzek B, Zamponi C, Siegert W, Neuking K, Quandt E. Sputter deposition of NiTi to investigate the Ti loss rate as a function of composition from cast melted targets. Materials Science and Engineering: A. 2004;378(1-2):429-33.
17. Naveen Kumar Reddy B, Udayashankar NK. Influence of annealing temperature on the structural, morphological, mechanical and surface properties of near equiatomic NiTi thin films. Vacuum. 2017;142:186-96.
18. Miyazaki S, Fu YQ, Huang WM. Thin Film Shape Memory Alloys: : fundamentals and device applications. Cambridge University Press; 2009.
19. Tillmann W, Momeni S. Deposition of superelastic composite NiTi based films. Vacuum. 2014;104:41-6.
20. Tillmann W, Momeni S. Influence of in-situ and postannealing technique on tribological performance of NiTi SMA thin films. Surface and Coatings Technology. 2015;276:286-95.
21. Wang X, Van Humbeeck J, Verlinden B, Kustov S. Thermal cycling induced room temperature aging effect in Ni-rich NiTi shape memory alloy. Scripta Materialia. 2016;113:206-8.
22. Kustov S, Mas B, Salas D, Cesari E, Raufov S, Nikolaev V, et al. On the effect of room temperature ageing of Ni-rich Ni–Ti alloys. Scripta Materialia. 2015;103:10-3.
23. Kim JI, Miyazaki S. Effect of nano-scaled precipitates on shape memory behavior of Ti-50.9at.%Ni alloy. Acta Materialia. 2005;53(17):4545-54.
24. Khalil-Allafi J, Dlouhy A, Eggeler G. Ni4Ti3-precipitation during aging of NiTi shape memory alloys and its influence on martensitic phase transformations. Acta Materialia. 2002;50(17):4255-74.
25. Gong FF, Shen HM, Wang YN. Fabrication and characterization of sputtered Ni-rich NiTi thin films. Materials Letters. 1995;25(1-2):13-6.
26. Bechtold C, Chluba C, Zamponi C, Quandt E, de Miranda RL. Fabrication and Characterization of Freestanding NiTi Based Thin Film Materials for Shape Memory Micro-actuator Applications. Shape Memory and Superelasticity. 2019;5(4):327-35.
27. Khalili V, Khalil-Allafi J, Sengstock C, Motemani Y, Paulsen A, Frenzel J, et al. Characterization of mechanical properties of hydroxyapatite–silicon–multi walled carbon nano tubes composite coatings synthesized by EPD on NiTi alloys for biomedical application. Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials. 2016;59:337-52.
28. Mattox DM. Handbook of Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) Processing, Film Formation, Adhesion, Surface Preparation and Contamination Control: Elsevier; 1998.
29. Khalil-Allafi J, Amin-Ahmadi B. Multiple-step martensitic transformations in the Ni51Ti49 single crystal. Journal of Materials Science. 2010;45(23):6440-5.
30. Khalil Allafi J, Ren X, Eggeler G. The mechanism of multistage martensitic transformations in aged Ni-rich NiTi shape memory alloys. Acta Materialia. 2002;50(4):793-803.
31. Khalil-Allafi J, Eggeler G, Dlouhy A, Schmahl WW, Somsen C. On the influence of heterogeneous precipitation on martensitic transformations in a Ni-rich NiTi shape memory alloy. Materials Science and Engineering: A. 2004;378(1-2):148-51.
32. Dlouhy A, Khalil-Allafi J, Eggeler G. Multiple-step martensitic transformations in Ni-rich NiTi alloys--an in-situ transmission electron microscopy investigation. Philosophical Magazine. 2003;83(3):339-63.
33. Kabla M, Seiner H, Musilova M, Landa M, Shilo D. The relationships between sputter deposition conditions, grain size, and phase transformation temperatures in NiTi thin films. Acta Materialia. 2014;70:79-91.
34. Oliver WC, Pharr GM. An improved technique for determining hardness and elastic modulus using load and displacement sensing indentation experiments. Journal of Materials Research. 1992;7(6):1564-83.
35. Behera A, Aich S, Behera A, Sahu A. Processing and Characterization of Magnetron Sputtered Ni/Ti Thin Film and their Annealing Behaviour to Induce Shape Memory Effect. Materials Today: Proceedings. 2015;2(4-5):1183-92.
تعداد مشاهده مقاله: 879
تعداد دریافت فایل اصل مقاله: 446