|تعداد مشاهده مقاله||107,927,338|
|تعداد دریافت فایل اصل مقاله||84,356,247|
Nanostructured high-entropy alloys by mechanical alloying: A review of principles and magnetic properties
|Journal of Ultrafine Grained and Nanostructured Materials|
|دوره 54، شماره 1، شهریور 2021، صفحه 112-120 اصل مقاله (2.02 M)|
|نوع مقاله: Review Paper|
|شناسه دیجیتال (DOI): 10.22059/jufgnsm.2021.01.12|
|Sara Daryoush؛ Hamed Mirzadeh* ؛ Abolghasem Ataie|
|School of Metallurgy and Materials Engineering, College of Engineering, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran|
|The principles and magnetic properties of nanostructured high-entropy alloys (HEAs) processed by mechanical alloying are overviewed. Firstly, the general concepts of HEAs (multi-principal element alloys with ≥5 elements) and phase formation rules are briefly reviewed. Subsequently, the processing of nanocrystalline and amorphous HEAs by mechanical alloying and the effect of high-energy ball milling parameters are summarized. Finally, the magnetic properties of nanostructured HEAs are critically discussed to infer some general rules. In summary, a higher content of ferromagnetic elements (e.g. Fe, Co, and Ni) normally results in a higher saturation magnetization. The as-milled products with solid solution phases show better soft-magnetic properties compared to the fully amorphous phases, and increasing the amount of the amorphous phase decreases the saturation magnetization. The magnetic properties are also influenced by processing (such as sintering) and thermal history through the alteration of phases and crystallite size.|
|High-entropy alloys؛ Mechanical alloying؛ Magnetic properties؛ Nanostructures|
1. Pandey VK, Shadangi Y, Shivam V, Basu J, Chattopadhyay K, Majumdar B, et al. Synthesis, Characterization and Thermal Stability of Nanocrystalline MgAlMnFeCu Low-Density High-Entropy Alloy. Transactions of the Indian Institute of Metals. 2020;74(1):33-44.
3. Yeh JW, Chen SK, Lin SJ, Gan JY, Chin TS, Shun TT, et al. Nanostructured High-Entropy Alloys with Multiple Principal Elements: Novel Alloy Design Concepts and Outcomes. Advanced Engineering Materials. 2004;6(5):299-303.
4. Takeuchi A, Inoue A. Classification of Bulk Metallic Glasses by Atomic Size Difference, Heat of Mixing and Period of Constituent Elements and Its Application to Characterization of the Main Alloying Element. MATERIALS TRANSACTIONS. 2005;46(12):2817-29.
15. Shivam V, Sanjana V, Mukhopadhyay NK. Phase Evolution and Thermal Stability of Mechanically Alloyed AlCrFeCoNiZn High-Entropy Alloy. Transactions of the Indian Institute of Metals. 2020;73(3):821-30.
20. Amiri Talischi L, Samadi A. Structural characterization and ordering transformation of mechanically alloyed nanocrystalline Fe-28Al powder. Journal of Ultrafine Grained and Nanostructured Materials. 2016 Dec 1;49(2):112-9.
21. Shahsavari E, Zamani C, Ahmadi Dermeni H, Hadian AM, Hadian A. Cryomilling-Assisted Synthesis of Nanostructured Silicon. Journal of Ultrafine Grained and Nanostructured Materials. 2020 Dec 28;53(2):158-65.
22. Haghighat-Shishavan S, Kashani Bozorg F. Nano-Crystalline Mg (2-x) MnxNi Compounds Synthesized by Mechanical Alloying: Microstructure and Electrochemistry. Journal of Ultrafine Grained and Nanostructured Materials. 2014 Jun 1;47(1):43-9.
26. Salemi F, Abbasi MH, Karimzadeh F. Synthesis and thermodynamic analysis of nanostructured CuNiCoZnAl high entropy alloy produced by mechanical alloying. Journal of Alloys and Compounds. 2016;685:278-86.
28. Jain H, Shadangi Y, Shivam V, Chakravarty D, Mukhopadhyay NK, Kumar D. Phase evolution and mechanical properties of non-equiatomic Fe–Mn–Ni–Cr–Al–Si–C high entropy steel. Journal of Alloys and Compounds. 2020;834:155013.
30. Rabiee M, Mirzadeh H, Ataie A. Unraveling the effects of process control agents on mechanical alloying of nanostructured Cu-Fe alloy. Journal of Ultrafine Grained and Nanostructured Materials. 2016 Jun 1;49(1):17-21.
31. Shivam V, Shadangi Y, Basu J, Mukhopadhyay NK. Alloying behavior and thermal stability of mechanically alloyed nano AlCoCrFeNiTi high-entropy alloy. Journal of Materials Research. 2019;34(5):787-95.
32. Qiao Y, Tang Y, Li S, Ye Y, Liu X, Zhu La, et al. Preparation of TiZrNbTa refractory high-entropy alloy powder by mechanical alloying with liquid process control agents. Intermetallics. 2020;126:106900.
34. Varalakshmi S, Kamaraj M, Murty BS. Synthesis and characterization of nanocrystalline AlFeTiCrZnCu high entropy solid solution by mechanical alloying. Journal of Alloys and Compounds. 2008;460(1-2):253-7.
35. Vaidya M, Karati A, Marshal A, Pradeep KG, Murty BS. Phase evolution and stability of nanocrystalline CoCrFeNi and CoCrFeMnNi high entropy alloys. Journal of Alloys and Compounds. 2019;770:1004-15.
37. Shivam V, Basu J, Pandey VK, Shadangi Y, Mukhopadhyay NK. Alloying behaviour, thermal stability and phase evolution in quinary AlCoCrFeNi high entropy alloy. Advanced Powder Technology. 2018;29(9):2221-30.
40. Mahdikhah V, Ataie A, Babaei A, Sheibani S, Ow-Yang CW, Abkenar SK. CoFe2O4/Fe magnetic nanocomposite: Exchange coupling behavior and microwave absorbing property. Ceramics International. 2020;46(11):17903-16.
42. Anvari SZ, Enayati MH, Karimzadeh F. Wear Behavior of Nanostructured Al-Al3V and Al-(Al3V-Al2O3) Composites Fabricated by Mechanical Alloying and Hot Extrusion. Journal of Ultrafine Grained and Nanostructured Materials. 2020 Dec 28;53(2):135-45.
43. Zeraati M, Khayati GR. Optimization of micro hardness of nanostructure Cu-Cr-Zr alloys prepared by the mechanical alloying using artificial neural networks and genetic algorithm. Journal of Ultrafine Grained and Nanostructured Materials. 2018 Dec 1;51(2):183-92.
44. Maddah M, Rajabi M, Rabiee SM. Hydrogen Desorption Properties of Nanocrystalline MgH2-10 wt.% ZrB2 Composite Prepared by Mechanical Alloying. Journal of Ultrafine Grained and Nanostructured Materials. 2014 Jun 1;47(1):21-6.
45. Shadangi Y, Shivam V, Varalakshmi S, Basu J, Chattopadhyay K, Majumdar B, et al. Mechanically driven structural transformation in Sn reinforced Al–Cu–Fe quasicrystalline matrix nanocomposite. Journal of Alloys and Compounds. 2020;834:155065.
47. Wang J, Yang H, Liu Z, Ji S, Li R, Ruan J. A novel Fe40Mn40Cr10Co10/SiC medium-entropy nanocomposite reinforced by the nanoparticles-woven architectural structures. Journal of Alloys and Compounds. 2019;772:272-9.
48. Xie Y, Luo Y, Xia T, Zeng W, Wang J, Liang J, et al. Grain growth and strengthening mechanisms of ultrafine-grained CoCrFeNiMn high entropy alloy matrix nanocomposites fabricated by powder metallurgy. Journal of Alloys and Compounds. 2020;819:152937.
52. Yang X, Zhou Y, Zhu R, Xi S, He C, Wu H, et al. A Novel, Amorphous, Non-equiatomic FeCrAlCuNiSi High-Entropy Alloy with Exceptional Corrosion Resistance and Mechanical Properties. Acta Metallurgica Sinica (English Letters). 2019;33(8):1057-63.
57. Xu J, Shang C, Ge W, Jia H, Liaw PK, Wang Y. Effects of elemental addition on the microstructure, thermal stability, and magnetic properties of the mechanically alloyed FeSiBAlNi high entropy alloys. Advanced Powder Technology. 2016;27(4):1418-26.
58. Xu J, Axinte E, Zhao Z, Wang Y. Effect of C and Ce addition on the microstructure and magnetic property of the mechanically alloyed FeSiBAlNi high entropy alloys. Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials. 2016;414:59-68.
59. Duan Y, Cui Y, Zhang B, Ma G, Tongmin W. A novel microwave absorber of FeCoNiCuAl high-entropy alloy powders: Adjusting electromagnetic performance by ball milling time and annealing. Journal of Alloys and Compounds. 2019;773:194-201.
60. Zhao R-F, Ren B, Zhang G-P, Liu Z-X, Cai B, Zhang J-j. CoCrxCuFeMnNi high-entropy alloy powders with superior soft magnetic properties. Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials. 2019;491:165574.
61. Zhao R-F, Ren B, Zhang G-P, Liu Z-X, Zhang J-j. Effect of Co content on the phase transition and magnetic properties of Co CrCuFeMnNi high-entropy alloy powders. Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials. 2018;468:14-24.
62. Zhu X, Zhou X, Yu S, Wei C, Xu J, Wang Y. Effects of annealing on the microstructure and magnetic property of the mechanically alloyed FeSiBAlNiM (M=Co, Cu, Ag) amorphous high entropy alloys. Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials. 2017;430:59-64.
63. Mishra RK, Shahi RR. Effect of annealing conditions and temperatures on phase formation and magnetic behaviour of CrFeMnNiTi high entropy alloy. Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials. 2018;465:169-75.
64. Shivam V, Shadangi Y, Basu J, Mukhopadhyay NK. Evolution of phases, hardness and magnetic properties of AlCoCrFeNi high entropy alloy processed by mechanical alloying. Journal of Alloys and Compounds. 2020;832:154826.
تعداد مشاهده مقاله: 1,179
تعداد دریافت فایل اصل مقاله: 655