|تعداد مشاهده مقاله||111,696,821|
|تعداد دریافت فایل اصل مقاله||86,310,856|
A Novel Approach for Direct Preparation of Hydroxyapatite Nanoparticles from natural source using Microwave
|Journal of Ultrafine Grained and Nanostructured Materials|
|مقاله 12، دوره 52، شماره 1، شهریور 2019، صفحه 110-121 اصل مقاله (1.01 M)|
|نوع مقاله: Research Paper|
|شناسه دیجیتال (DOI): 10.22059/JUFGNSM.2019.01.12|
|Gholam Reza Khayati* ؛ Farkhonde Ghanbari Rad|
|Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Shahid Bahonar University of Kerman, Kerman, Iran.|
|Hydroxyapatite (HA) is one of the most common biocompatible ceramic with wide usages in various aspects of medicine due to the resemblance to the mineral bone tissue. The particle size of HA has a key roll in determination of the reaction rate at the interface of natural bones/artificial. Accordingly, this paper tries to propose a novel approach for the preparation of HA nanoparticles from natural source as raw materials using microwave irradiation without any further heat treatment. To compare the proposed approach various combination of micro irradiation and heat treatment as traditional and more recent developments were performed. Characterizations of products were carried out using XRD, SEM and TEM techniques. The results confirmed the presence of minor constituents (Mg, Sr, C, O) and the ratio of Ca/Mg=1.63 in the products. Moreover, the formation of relatively spherical shape like nanoparticles of hydroxyapatite (about 30 nm) was confirmed by TEM images during the direct preparation of HA nanoparticles by employment of microwave irradiation. According to the results, the proposed approach provide the possibility of the preparation of large-scale, spherical and pure HA nanoparticles in acceptable time by usage of low cost natural source, eco-friendly method without the using of organic solvent and expensive raw materials.|
|Microwave؛ Hydroxyapatite Nanoparticles؛ Natural bones؛ Heat treatment|
1. Santos MH, Oliveira Md, Souza LPdF, Mansur HS, Vasconcelos WL. Synthesis control and characterization of hydroxyapatite prepared by wet precipitation process. Materials Research. 2004;7(4):625-30.
8. Siva Rama Krishna D, Siddharthan A, Seshadri SK, Sampath Kumar TS. A novel route for synthesis of nanocrystalline hydroxyapatite from eggshell waste. Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Medicine. 2007;18(9):1735-43.
10. Tampieri A, Sprio S, Ruffini A, Celotti G, Lesci IG, Roveri N. From wood to bone: multi-step process to convert wood hierarchical structures into biomimetic hydroxyapatite scaffolds for bone tissue engineering. Journal of Materials Chemistry. 2009;19(28):4973.
21. Siva Rama Krishna D, Siddharthan A, Seshadri SK, Sampath Kumar TS. A novel route for synthesis of nanocrystalline hydroxyapatite from eggshell waste. Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Medicine. 2007;18(9):1735-43.
24. Barakat NAM, Khil MS, Omran AM, Sheikh FA, Kim HY. Extraction of pure natural hydroxyapatite from the bovine bones bio waste by three different methods. Journal of Materials Processing Technology. 2009;209(7):3408-15.
28. Álvarez-Lloret P, Rodríguez-Navarro AB, Falini G, Fermani S, Ortega-Huertas M. Crystallographic Control of the Hydrothermal Conversion of Calcitic Sea Urchin Spine (Paracentrotus lividus) into Apatite. Crystal Growth & Design. 2010;10(12):5227-32.
29. Figueiredo M, Fernando A, Martins G, Freitas J, Judas F, Figueiredo H. Effect of the calcination temperature on the composition and microstructure of hydroxyapatite derived from human and animal bone. Ceramics International. 2010;36(8):2383-93.
34. Nirmala R, Sheikh FA, Kanjwal MA, Lee JH, Park S-J, Navamathavan R, et al. Synthesis and characterization of bovine femur bone hydroxyapatite containing silver nanoparticles for the biomedical applications. Journal of Nanoparticle Research. 2010;13(5):1917-27.
36. Kusrini E, Sontang M. Characterization of x-ray diffraction and electron spin resonance: Effects of sintering time and temperature on bovine hydroxyapatite. Radiation Physics and Chemistry. 2012;81(2):118-25.
37. Habib F, Alam S, Zahra N, Irfan M, Iqbal W. Synthesis route and characterization of hydroxyapatite powder prepared from waste egg shells. Journal of the Chemical Society of Pakistan. 2012 30;34(3).
39. Elizondo-Villarreal N, Martínez-de-la-Cruz A, Guerra RO, Gómez-Ortega JL, Torres-Martínez LM, Castaño VM. Biomaterials from Agricultural Waste: Eggshell-based Hydroxyapatite. Water, Air, & Soil Pollution. 2012;223(7):3643-6.
40. Li S, Wang J, Jing X, Liu Q, Saba J, Mann T, et al. Conversion of Calcined Eggshells into Flower-Like Hydroxyapatite Agglomerates by Solvothermal Method Using Hydrogen Peroxide/N,N-Dimethylformamide Mixed Solvents. Journal of the American Ceramic Society. 2012;95(11):3377-9.
41. Goloshchapov DL, Kashkarov VM, Rumyantseva NA, Seredin PV, Lenshin AS, Agapov BL, et al. Synthesis of nanocrystalline hydroxyapatite by precipitation using hen's eggshell. Ceramics International. 2013;39(4):4539-49.
42. Piccirillo C, Silva MF, Pullar RC, Braga da Cruz I, Jorge R, Pintado MME, et al. Extraction and characterisation of apatite- and tricalcium phosphate-based materials from cod fish bones. Materials Science and Engineering: C. 2013;33(1):103-10.
43. Nasiri-Tabrizi B, Fahami A, Ebrahimi-Kahrizsangi R. A comparative study of hydroxyapatite nanostructures produced under different milling conditions and thermal treatment of bovine bone. Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry. 2014;20(1):245-58.
45. Shariffuddin JH, Jones MI, Patterson DA. Greener photocatalysts: Hydroxyapatite derived from waste mussel shells for the photocatalytic degradation of a model azo dye wastewater. Chemical Engineering Research and Design. 2013;91(9):1693-704.
46. Chaudhuri B, Mondal B, Modak DK, Pramanik K, Chaudhuri BK. Preparation and characterization of nanocrystalline hydroxyapatite from egg shell and K2HPO4 solution. Materials Letters. 2013;97:148-50.
48. Giraldo-Betancur AL, Espinosa-Arbelaez DG, Real-López Ad, Millan-Malo BM, Rivera-Muñoz EM, Gutierrez-Cortez E, et al. Comparison of physicochemical properties of bio and commercial hydroxyapatite. Current Applied Physics. 2013;13(7):1383-90.
49. Rakmae S, Lorprayoon C, Ekgasit S, Suppakarn N. Influence of Heat-Treated Bovine Bone-Derived Hydroxyapatite on Physical Properties andin vitroDegradation Behavior of Poly (Lactic Acid) Composites. Polymer-Plastics Technology and Engineering. 2013;52(10):1043-53.
50. Shavandi A, Wilton V, Bekhit AE-DA. Synthesis of macro and micro porous hydroxyapatite (HA) structure from waste kina ( Evechinus chloroticus ) shells. Journal of the Taiwan Institute of Chemical Engineers. 2016;65:437-43.
52. Rahman MM, Netravali AN, Tiimob BJ, Apalangya V, Rangari VK. Bio-inspired “green” nanocomposite using hydroxyapatite synthesized from eggshell waste and soy protein. Journal of Applied Polymer Science. 2016;133(22):n/a-n/a.
53. Kumar GS, Girija EK, Venkatesh M, Karunakaran G, Kolesnikov E, Kuznetsov D. One step method to synthesize flower-like hydroxyapatite architecture using mussel shell bio-waste as a calcium source. Ceramics International. 2017;43(3):3457-61.
55. Kongsri S, Janpradit K, Buapa K, Techawongstien S, Chanthai S. Nanocrystalline hydroxyapatite from fish scale waste: Preparation, characterization and application for selenium adsorption in aqueous solution. Chemical Engineering Journal. 2013;215-216:522-32.
57. Venkatesan J, Qian ZJ, Ryu B, Thomas NV, Kim SK. A comparative study of thermal calcination and an alkaline hydrolysis method in the isolation of hydroxyapatite fromThunnus obesusbone. Biomedical Materials. 2011;6(3):035003.
58. Coelho TM, Nogueira ES, Steimacher A, Medina AN, Weinand WR, Lima WM, et al. Characterization of natural nanostructured hydroxyapatite obtained from the bones of Brazilian river fish. Journal of Applied Physics. 2006;100(9):094312.
60. Katchova AL. Peter J. Barry and Paul N. Ellinger. Financial Management in Agriculture (7th ed.).Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall, 2012, 408 pp., ISBN 9780135037591. $97. Agribusiness. 2012;28(2):239-40.
61. Howie RA. (H.) Lipson and (H.) Steeple Interpretation of X-ray powder diffraction patterns. London (Macmillan) and New York (St. Martins Press), 1970. viii+335 pp., 129 figs., 3 pls. Price £4£00. Mineralogical Magazine. 1972;38(299):907.
66. Wang Y, Azaïs T, Robin M, Vallée A, Catania C, Legriel P, et al. The predominant role of collagen in the nucleation, growth, structure and orientation of bone apatite. Nature Materials. 2012;11(8):724-33.
67. Khayati GR, Janghorban K. An investigation on the application of process control agents in the preparation and consolidation behavior of nanocrystalline silver by mechanochemical method. Advanced Powder Technology. 2012;23(6):808-13.
تعداد مشاهده مقاله: 1,051
تعداد دریافت فایل اصل مقاله: 563